About the Scholarship & Scholar Bursary
Dr. J Harper Kent Scholar Bursary Award
The Dr. J. Harper Kent Scholar Bursary was established by the J. Harper Kent Charitable Foundation in 2017. One bursary is awarded annually to a Bathurst High School or École Secondaire Népisiguit student beginning an undergraduate degree program in the fall of their graduating year. This award has a value of $50,000 payable over a four year course of study in the amount of $12,500 per year. Recipients are required to maintain a 3.7 / 4.0 scholarship grade point average each the academic year to renew this scholarship for the following year.
The criteria for the scholarship includes excellence in academics, financial need, leadership qualities and aspirations for future success. The applicants are asked to submit an essay giving the Selection Committee an indication of their leadership capabilities and what receiving this scholarship would mean to them.
Finalists will be interviewed and attendance is required.
The application deadline is always February 28th.
- Candidates must be Canadian Citizens.
- Only residents from the Bathurst area graduating from either of the two Bathurst high schools need apply.
- Candidates will be selected based on both academic achievements and financial need.
- Scholarships will be granted for full time attendance at college/university.
- Priority will be given to candidates entering college/university at the first year level. Candidates must apply each year.
- This is a two part application form and each part must be completed and received by the due dates.
- The application deadline is always June 1st for Part One. Part Two is always due June 30th.